FeckThat.com - Shoot the breeze  

Go Back   FeckThat.com - Shoot the breeze > Lounge > Sex, Drugs and Rock & Roll

Unread 14-10-2008, 13:50
Welcome Team
Welcome Team Membersupporting member

Default 114 Posts To Get Me To 3000

Yes, I am being a bit of a spam monkey but i have decided i will at least give feckthat another 114 posts, 113 after this i think. I may then say goodbye as let's face it people have moved on, but i have remained, the pigeon holed hated one!

So what is everybody up to these days? I am back in cork working in an office that makes me laugh, as i do not deserve it!

Pablo still in Germany? And who knew where Ciarán ever was....? Then there is happy joy joy who should be at least legal age by now, but the rest seemingly have abandoned us, Faith does be around in fairness, is she still in Scotland?

What has become of the feckers?
Unread 14-10-2008, 16:01
thread police officer
Welcome Team Memberadmin

114 more posts... it's not that difficult I guess.

You are right, people do seem to not enough the forum life so much any more, heavens knows why, maybe we can blame youtube/myspace and facebook, where people have their own personal control over what is shown on their pages.

I'm still in Munich, coming up on 4.5 years now. I'm still working away as an engineer, at least for a few more months. Our company has announced that they are laying off 3,000 people worldwide and 30% of the people from my area.

Funnily enough this site still gets at least 60 (unique) people a day visiting it !
Unread 15-10-2008, 12:01
Welcome Team

Ah the good old days. I never left but I was moved to reminisce (however that is spelt) when i moved back to cork where it all started!

I wonder what the next big boom will be that we all run to get qualified in?
Unread 15-10-2008, 14:55
The Frayed Ends of Sanity

hey you! im older then you! but shoosh dont tell any one.

but you would not know that anyway or beleive it by the the way i carry on .

like a few weeks ago i got and made LEGO TECHNIC please note picture below (ant it cool!) its fully moveable with the 4 moters in it and remote controled.

other then that iv qualified as a mechanical engingeer, but rather go get a job iv shun the work enviornment and went back for a 2nd engineering degree this time in sutanable energy engineering, its all about devloping and designing new hydro,wind and solar energy devices for large scale use.

so i guess that answaers your other question kinda about what we are all going to rush off to get qualified in next.
Unread 16-10-2008, 11:37
Welcome Team

it is true, add a sustainable to it and it is bound to be worth the effort.

I fell in love in a shop yesterday, in sarsfields road, a big tall block of a man, rugby jersy but very lovely winter coat over it, great manners, but he bought rizlas, blue, two packs, and drove what had to be a passed down mammys car. He was lovely.

Yeah so the sustainable energy is very important.
Unread 16-10-2008, 16:30
thread police officer
Welcome Team Memberadmin

fair play for you going back and getting a 2nd degree happy ! Sustaining is certainly a growing area, and probably a really smart move to get in to. Where are you studying this ?
Unread 16-10-2008, 16:39
Bread, butter and whiskey
Welcome Team Memberadmin

You Sea Sea I would imagine, they're trying to hijack as many buzzwords as they can these days.

I am still here, where I have always been for a few more months anyway. I think the forum as a forum is officially dead, mind you there's no harm in keeping it open anyway, it's handy to have sometimes
Unread 16-10-2008, 17:05

im doing in C.I.T its a new course they started this year.

so im in the 3rd year of that with exemptions left right and centre from some the subjects as they where kinda just stole/copied from mechanical.

but ya as fare as hijacking buzz words id say there free of that as most of the stuff it would of been hard to put any other words on them.

ya i think it is a good area to get into, now with the likes of ESB investing 20 billion over the next 12 years in it.

but i still like this site i still pop in every few days, just not very good at getting things going. that said AC/DC tickets go on sale in the morning!
Unread 16-10-2008, 17:15
thread police officer
Welcome Team Memberadmin

btw. there is no plans to close the forum or anything, currently all my other sites are more than paying for things

that's actually kinda how I managed to get 2 degrees in 5 years, did a general science degree (3 years short) and then managed to transfer into 3rd year of microelectronics and completed that (just about) 2 years after that.
Unread 16-10-2008, 17:22
Bread, butter and whiskey
Welcome Team Memberadmin

Well there you go just goes to show how little time I spend in CIT!
Unread 16-10-2008, 19:28
Mental
Friends

DHBH, the guy could play a woodwind instrument and use the rizzla's to clean the cork pads under the keys. Seriously, I buy them two packs at a time and the blue ones have no glue stuff right? so they are better cos you don't have to mind for the sticky edge.
Unread 17-10-2008, 11:04

i kinda more shocked that you are juging some on what car he drives and so on.

was trying to get ac/dc tickets all morning but no luck.

no not too happy now.

but what where they thinking play in shuch a small venue? just 13,000! madness!
Unread 17-10-2008, 11:19
Welcome Team

haha i wasnt judging, just saying exactly what he did and what i observed. he could use the rizzlas for post it notes for all i know or care, i was simply commenting that this person caught my eye, more for stature and manners than anything else.

I intend on having drinkies with my new housemates tonight. woohoo! we get on so well.
Unread 17-10-2008, 16:13

no you dont they dont like you!

only messing im sure they think your lovely.
Unread 20-10-2008, 10:24
Welcome Team
Welcome Team Member

Send a message via MSN to the outlaw torn Send a message via Yahoo to the outlaw torn

i'm still around this site, have a look about once a month to see if anyone has posted. every now and then some one does, but its nothing like the old days.

I have a job now which is fairly boring so i just spend hours a day surfing the net. i could if i wanted to set up several accounts on this site and have conversations with myself. inject some life back into the place. actually today is turning out to be more quiet than usual i think i might get onto that.
Unread 20-10-2008, 12:23
Welcome Team

im with you there outlaw, i can do the same. or use the million other names i have here already. Joke. cough cough.

thanks for that happy, they are lightweights and i drank a lot on my own and we got chinese and watched taken. Liam neeson is great. also meant to say earlier. you are but 13 days older than me, and i started my new job on your birthday.

i have a job now too outlaw, i didnt for a couple months. i did more when i didnt have a job it seems.
Unread 20-10-2008, 15:15
Welcome Team
Welcome Team Member

Send a message via MSN to the outlaw torn Send a message via Yahoo to the outlaw torn

i did a lot more too when i wasn't working full time, bring back my college days, or even when i had no college and was unemployed for a while. seemed to get a lot more out of the day. instead of surfing the net replying to posts on forums.
Unread 20-10-2008, 16:17
Welcome Team

well today was kinda busy for me and most days are but now when you do most things sat at a computer i think it doesnt matter how busy you are there is always time for having browsers open. bebo isnt blocked here but myspace and facebook are. odd.
Unread 21-10-2008, 17:59

ah but there is a million ways around being blocked from sites. and its very hard for a computer tech to think of them all and be bothered to set all the policys. like my 2 faves are changing proxs or if thats disabled open up a browers i have saved on a memory stick
Unread 22-10-2008, 09:05
Welcome Team

how very clever. i tried a few proxys but all were 404s so i guess im just not up to date enough. not bothered really. the other things that are banned and music lyric sites, big ones like az lyrics and metro lyrics. some of the more obscure you can get into but not any of the first five let's say google results. it is only now i realise how much i google lyrics.