FeckThat.com - Shoot the breeze  

Go Back   FeckThat.com - Shoot the breeze > Lounge > Sex, Drugs and Rock & Roll

Unread 18-05-2008, 14:54
Welcome Team
Welcome Team Membersupporting member

Default kids in housing estate!!!!

so i live in a very open estate in limerick. there is grass in the front and a driveway and then to left of house there is a green patch and a few trees. the driveways arent cordoned off in anyway.

since the summer arrived we have been plagued by a pack of little famous five wannabes. theres about 8 or 9 of them in total. irish, eastern european, american, african kids, all sorts. which is great and lovely to see but of course im giving out.

the side of our house doesnt have a gate so u can walk directly into the back garden and hence into kitchen if sliding doors are open. the other day brian my housemate was on phone in kitchen and in they walked and asked him for mars bars. of course the big lovable fucker says ah ive no mars bars but i have some kit kats and gives them a pack of five kit kat chunkys. the fool!

yesterday morning i see a small irish one out there by himself so i went out and hunted him and said he cant be in there. he said alright and sorry and off he went. he is no more than 4. then later in the day they were outside our front door and i went out kinda to see what they were at. and they had gone around the back so i went after them and said hey you cant be back there. theres a older one (the yank about 10) and he was saying "see i told you you cant go into other peoples houses".

i was asked for frigging mars bars earlier today by one and i told her you cant go around looking for things from strangers. then just there they were sitting outside the door and there was one leaning on my car. so i made it clear again look you must play in your own gardens or on the grass over there you cant be sitting down in peoples drives and leaving your toys strewn around the place.

im trying to come across nice but if i see one more plastic sword or action figure waved madly near my car again i will be going looking for these absent parents and saying control your kids ffs!

if it was my kids out there, yes id be delighted they were out and about but i think id be checking on them every 5 seconds for fear, of anything!

the estate is a cul de sac with about 13 houses in our circle so their parents can not see what they are at when they are up as far as our house.

its really bothering me and i feel like a wench but what happens if one hops themself in our back garden or drags the wing mirror off my car. as it is they have taken to drawing in the lines of dirt on my alloys. and next doors car got a thorough inspection and the fuel cap opened too.

what is correct recourse? as always in typical oirish fashion i am the only one in the surrounding houses that goes out to them and says as nicely and humourously as i can to get the fuck away! my housemates see the problem too but i have been the one seeing things directly and the like.

its gone beyond cute to bloody tresspassing. i wouldnt let a group of 8 adults lean on my car and trapse around the house. why should it be different for kids.
Unread 18-05-2008, 21:37
thread police officer
Welcome Team Memberadmin

If the kids are leaving toys around your place, then just collect them up and put them in the bin. They won't be long learning the hard way.

As far as getting rid of the kids, it's probably best not to engage them. If they are on your property just ask them to leave, if they refuse, then go over to their parents houses.
Unread 19-05-2008, 08:00
Welcome Team
Welcome Team Member

Send a message via MSN to the outlaw torn Send a message via Yahoo to the outlaw torn

Buy one of those high frequency sound things off the internet. the noise that only kids can hear. they won't know where its coming from and they will stay away from your place as thats where the noise comes from. You can buy a cat and dog version of it in woddies but i don't know if that would work on kids. might be a bit extreme but i bet it would work.
Unread 19-05-2008, 08:36
thread police officer
Welcome Team Memberadmin

I think you mean this thing Mosquito Device , good idea TOT !
Unread 20-05-2008, 19:27
The Frayed Ends of Sanity

turn the hose on them!
Unread 21-05-2008, 12:58
Welcome Team

are them sonic things for real? they cant be it has to be joke like.
i dont have a hose Happy joy joy!
im terrified one of them will get knocked down!
Unread 22-05-2008, 13:42
The Frayed Ends of Sanity

ya those sonic things are for real and if you get one,

well your showing your age.

bucket of water?
Unread 22-05-2008, 21:54
Welcome Team

i took one of their trikes this evening and theni saw the little man looking for it with his mam so i went out with it. i just explained if its left in our drive its going to be rolled over and broken or damage a car. his mom was irish and he was 3 and i have never seen her before in estate. she was nice about it but i dont think she understood what they do be getting up too further up the estate.
Unread 16-06-2008, 09:40
thread police officer
Welcome Team Memberadmin

Just read this : CBBC Newsround | UK | Council bans 'anti-teen' gadget

So there is a movement to ban these. These things can probably be made at home very very cheap (i.e. Annoying high pitch noise generator by 555 Circuit Project Electronic).