FeckThat.com - Shoot the breeze  

Go Back   FeckThat.com - Shoot the breeze > Rant > Feck That

Unread 08-12-2007, 15:17
Are those my feet?
Welcome Team Member

Send a message via MSN to Faith Send a message via Skype™ to Faith
Default The "Get it off your chest" thread

A handy thread to post anything that's irritating you today, either little or large.

For me, it's my stupid upstairs neighbours. It's a flat of 4 boys, who're students. The floors between us are REALLY thin and they make a ridiculous amount of noise! For months they practiced the guitar with the amp cranked up full, so the noise echoed throughout our flat. When they started doing this at midnight and beyond, we were pushed to the limit and sent them a polite, but firm, note, basically telling them to STFU. In fairness to them, they cut way down on the guitar playing.

However, they seem to play rugby or something in their hallway. Our flat is filled with the noise of thuds, banging, balls being flung against walls and doors, shouting, cheering etc. Our flat also shakes like it's in an earthquake. It's so irritating! I'm loathe to send them ANOTHER letter, and I'm too lazy to find out who their landlord is and complain about it. GRRRR!
Unread 08-12-2007, 19:01
thread police officer
Welcome Team Memberadmin

I've had neighbour problems too. Their apartment is about 75m or 800 ft, which is the same as mine. But they have two kids and they never let them go out to the back yard to play. So they play football in the corridor of their house and and generally make a lot of noise. The building we live in is an old one, so sound travels quite easily. They wake up at around 7am every day, even at weekends. I've gone up and had a few face to face chats (in german) with them and it's gotten a little bit better. But noisy neighbours are really annoying !

Other things that annoy me is queues, I hate queuing ! I even get more pissed off when someone infront of you starts to chat with the cashier when they are doing their shopping. Just let them alone and leave them do their jobs ffs !
Unread 08-12-2007, 20:23
Are those my feet?
Welcome Team Member

They're fecking at it again! We have a garden too. Oh no, they play in the flat. They're in the middle floor of 3 floors of flats, so I can safely assume at least 3 other flats are VERY disturbed by them, while the other 5 flats probably just hear a lot of banging.
Unread 10-12-2007, 15:43
Welcome Team
Welcome Team Membersupporting member

so anyhopw housemates. Our polski who is a nice guy loves to chat late at night on skype with his mates in polskiland. he does this in the kitchen, i sleep over the kitchen. then the german/french girl laughs at everything he says and the house shakes. they are nice enough people but it gets a bit much when you have to be on site at 7 the next morning. he soaks up all the broadband it seems too. it used be great in house but not any more since skype came along!

oh the woman in the shop last night who just took my €20 off the counter believing i was paying for petrol and then i had to basically roar at her to get attention and say i want 20 benson please! "oh i thought you said 20 petrol". i hadnt said a thing. ignoramous!
Unread 10-12-2007, 17:16
The Frayed Ends of Sanity

why did you put it on the counter in the 1st place?

people that work in shop and put there hand out waiting for the money while they turn to talk to there friend and dont look at you or put out the there hand waiting for you to count up change after they have asked you for it. (i generly have my money out before i get to the counter) in a few cases iv just put it on the counter and walked off
Unread 10-12-2007, 17:31
Bread, butter and whiskey
Welcome Team Memberadmin

Actually I hate it when they just ring everything up on the till and then stand there waiting for the money (without saying anything!) I usually just wait there until they actually say "that's X please" or some such, it's not that hard now is it
Unread 10-12-2007, 17:35
Are those my feet?
Welcome Team Member

There's a shop near me where all the staff seem to be socially retarded. They NEVER make eye contact and mumble the cost, if you're lucky. They're so blody rude!

I work in a shop and I'm a model assistant, if I may say so myself. Eye contact, chat, pack their bags, clearly tell them what it costs, say please and thank you often...
Unread 11-12-2007, 13:13
Welcome Team

i worked in shop too at one stage and it is rewarding to think you made somebody smile. people are going to give you crap if you act like a delinquent with no social skills. i had the money on the counter because i was looking in my wallet for change to get 15 back.
Unread 11-12-2007, 20:51

today was a bad day for me dealing with people.

was getting food in the canteen in collage. and when i got given a plate with my food on it i noticed the plate was filty, with dryed on food and sauce. so i handed it back and asked for a new plate and new food.
anyway the one serving the food, then just scaped it on to a new plate and went to hand it back to me, now looking like the dogs dinner. so i politely declined it and asked for a new plate and fresh food. to with i got "for gods sake its only abit of curry that was stuck on the plate"

anyway i got my nice fresh food on a clean plate in the end.

then later on in a shop after making a cup of tea and picking a few other odds and ends when to the counter. when i got there the one at the counters phone rang so she deside to answaer it and turn from looking at me put out her hand in my direction as if to ask for the money before ringing it up, i was not sure of the price so could not hand her the money, so after about 15 seconds standing there with a que behing me, spoke up and told her would she mind telling the cost of my stuff, so she got in a huff and put down the phone and then went to over charge me about 3 euro.

eep she lucky i went in a good mood as she was getting close to geting her phone put in my tea.
Unread 11-12-2007, 22:21
thread police officer
Welcome Team Memberadmin

Happy JJ you are indeed mental. I would love to hear more of these
This is CIT right ?
Unread 12-12-2007, 14:01
did it ever matter?
Welcome Team Member

Send a message via MSN to the evil belly

matrixs. i'm currently doing one for a site and it's driving me slowly mad, i've been at it since november and i'm nowhere near finished. Harris matrix - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Unread 12-12-2007, 14:08
Welcome Team Memberadmin

Matrices?
Unread 12-12-2007, 14:27
did it ever matter?
Welcome Team Member

see that just reminds me of hard sums that i can't do....
Unread 12-12-2007, 14:31
Welcome Team Memberadmin

Ah that's alright they have computers to do them nowadays, you don't need to work them out yourself any more
Unread 12-12-2007, 14:52
did it ever matter?
Welcome Team Member

sure thats grand then. wish there was a computer that did mine. all has to be worked out by hand. bastards
Unread 12-12-2007, 15:23
Welcome Team

what grinds my gears today is prime contract! (the future of construction) and how it wont let me open more than one drawing at once and all i want is the revs from them and its taking fupping ages.
Unread 13-12-2007, 19:28

ya im in C.I.T lovely place ;P

ya Matrices they still trying to make people do them by hand ,me included, fuck me there boaring!

had an alright day today. even fixed parts of my car iv been putting of for ages, taking out dents and scatches. but was too lazy to wash the whole car so there is some funny looking freshly sprayed parts, on a very dirty muddy car hehe,

oh ya i knew i had a moon in me!

was in douglas court to day, was looking for parking when i saw this one parked in 2 spaces you know , not too fare to the left or right but in the center of 2 one in front of the other.
and a little forther down a big fuck off jeep parked in 4 when i could of fitted in just one.

and because im a bad bastered i pulled in next to that one as there was some one just leaving, but pulled in too close to the jeep so you could not open the divers side door

muhahaha!
Unread 14-12-2007, 10:44
Welcome Team

you see people cant be trusted. you know the lad in jeep would be some fat bastard that will take half your door and wing mirror off as he or she was getting in!

another thing grinding my gears people who drive jeeps, not necessairily 4WDs but jeeps. as jeffreys canoe wont fit in the volvo!

and the car companies that make these jeeps especially for these people. oh yes its a jeep, but it will break if you go down a cobbled street.

Point and case BMW X5. anyhow.

and fecking halifax!
Unread 19-12-2007, 21:06
Baby Member

What really annoys me is when people stand in front of the mirror,sqeeze their zits and leave the residue for others to clean off.
Unread 20-12-2007, 11:22
did it ever matter?
Welcome Team Member

i've decided i hate fitting kitchens too